Sunday, August 28, 2005

VMAs: Dear lord when will the pain end?

Lil John and Paulina Rubio come on. I have no idea what Paulina is wearing, but it doesn't leave much to the imagination. A black lace doily shouldn't count as a cover-up.

At last! My favorite category -- Breakthrough Video. Lots of good shit in this category, so I'm curious to see who'll win. Gorillaz win for Feel Good Inc. Great song and great video. I like U2 and Vertigo, but Feel Good Inc. is one hell of a good video that consistently makes me stop and watch.

Fergie and Will I Am are on looking like hell. Will, red satin should NOT be the suit material. I love red, but dude, that's a bit much. It's beyond pimp style. I mean, pimps are going, "Dude, that's a bit over the top." They introduce 50 Cent.

50 Cent is a boring ass rapper. No interaction with the audience. No real moves -- I mean, grabbing your crotch doesn't count as a move. It just means that your balls itch. There's just gotta be a happy medium between the over-the-top calculated performance of Diddy and the sheer laziness of 50 Cent. Besides, a performance barely counts as good if half the lyrics are bleeped out. 50 and his crew throw out some insults to Fat Joe and I stop caring.

Ah commercial! Sweet, sweet relief!

No comments: