Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Dear MTV:

Last year I bitched about how the VMAs didn't really have a host. While Dave Chappelle was funny as hell, he wasn't really a host. I enjoy having a host -- they have a certain amount of patter that makes the show entertaining, and in the case of Chris Rock, they keep the snark alive.

Well, you kinda listed to my wish. There's a host. But it's Puff Daddy, P. Diddy, Diddy, Shitty or whatever his name is now. When I said that I wanted a host, I wanted someone smart and funny -- not some brand-name dropping idiot whose idea of making music is to blatantly rip off samples and rework some weak-ass rhymes around it. I would love Dave Chappelle, Jon Stewart, fuck, even Billy Crystal, over that asshole. I'd even take Bam Margera kicking his friends in the balls for three hours over that rapper.

Why the world thinks that man is the best thing for rap right now is beyond me. Why people think he should host is so far beyond my comprehension that my brain is caving in to figure out the logic.

No comments: