Saturday, January 03, 2009

So yeah....Happy 2009!

Sorry for the belated missive, but Happy 2009! Kind of. This year, our new year was spent in sickness -- both Jeff and Benevolent Dictator have a nasty, phlegmy cough and on top of that, BD also has an eye infection (which has been fun -- ever try putting eye drops in a thrashing 18-month-old's eyes? I think that you'd have an easier time wrestling a crocodile and putting it in a tutu).

So yeah, this new year wasn't exactly fun, what with illness and all that. And I've also been tired as hell since apparently I'm the only well one right now (which of course means that when everyone is well and up to full speed, I'm going to fall over sick as hell. And then the toddler will CONQUER the house).

But looking back at the previous year, while I know some people had it rough, overall it was a pretty good year. I survived my first year with the short one, left my job and have become a hausfrau who enjoys making a fine meal for her family and friends.

I also got to travel a bit -- visited the in-laws in Florida in May, headed to Gen Con for five child-free days with Jeff and also visited my sister in Rochester (not to mention other random road trips all over the place).

As for the future, I think that I'd like to get my writing druthers back and start writing for pay again. To quote the Joker: "If you're good at something, never do it for free." It's time to start earning my keep again.

Of course, I say that now. We'll see if it takes off. If not, that's alright too. Sometimes you just have to follow the flow of life, instead of fighting against it. To use another movie (in this case Kung Fu Panda, which I do recommend), Oogway says, "There are no accidents."

No comments: