Sunday, July 24, 2005

The muse returns


*Viv is cleaning up from a post-LAN party hurricane when there's a knock at the door*

Viv: That better not be anyone forgetting cables, computers, food, booze or other shit like that.

*She opens the door. There's someone who looks suspiciously like Edna Mode at the door. She's got a shitload of luggage and a breezy smile on her face.*

Muse: Darling! How are you?

*Viv drops the garbage bag she's holding.*

Viv: Nice to see you decided to return home bitch.

Muse: Tut, tut darling. I came back this weekend because I sensed you were coming out of your funk.

*Viv picks up her garbage bag*

Viv: Yeah. No thanks to you.

*Muse enters, dragging her luggage in with her*

Muse: Darling. You know the rules. I had to leave you for a bit. I mean, if you're in drone mode, how can I listen to you. You start to whine, "work this," and "work that," and "my house is a mess."

Viv: Yeah, but it blew ass. You know that. You know I hate it when you're not around.

Muse: Darling, I may be unreliable, but I'm not disloyal. I'll return to you eventually, trust in that.

*Viv rolls her eyes and smiles.*

Viv: You're still a bitch.

Muse: Yes, yes I know. Now please help me with my bags, I've got lots of stories to tell you about Europe and your favorite band. They're quite an delightful group.

Viv: Did you at least get me an autograph?

Muse: Sorry darling. I forgot completely.

*The muse breezes in, leaving the pile of suitcases on the doorstep.*

Viv: (yelling) Not a problem. I'll get your bags up to your room soon. Nice to see you too!

2 comments:

Sid said...

LOL, welcome her back for all of us! Perhaps she can swing by my place for drinks with bread?

Viv said...

Heh. I'd love to see those two together sometime.