Sunday, August 28, 2005

Watching trash like the 2005 MTV VMAs...(part one of many)

So you don't have to!

Anyways, I'm hoping that this will be good (I'm kinda recapping live right now) because I ducked out of a game of Arkham Asylum with Alan, Eva, Ben, Sam and Brian early to cover this. I'm sorry guys! I hope that you stopped the horror!

Green Day opens the show with their big hit -- Boulevard of Broken Dreams. The performance is alright -- nothing as cool as their Live 8 performance.

Diddy Dinkums opens the show with a water show, and thankfully not a lot of comedy. However, he samples the hell out of Freddy Goes to Hollywood's song "Relax." Cirque du Solei dancers are coming down on 50 feet of silk rope. Diddy Dinkums continues in his hype machine saying that this is "something that we've never seen before." I debate about checking to see if my laundry is dry yet.

More dancing and water. I think I'm in for a musical performance for the night. Blearg. Chris Rock, where are you?

Lindsay Lohan looks like a deranged Barbie doll on heroin. She's been hanging around with Tara Reed too much. Gwen Stefani is in the audience and looks like she'd rather be home watching this in her PJs.

WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY DOING MALE AND FEMALE VIDEOS TOGETHER? Are they that desperate to consolidate the time down to less than two hours? Or are they going to pad stuff with more commercials?

Kelly Clarkson claims best female (her dress looks like it's about to fall down) and Kayne wins best male. Gwen just looks like, "Bitch. That should be me up there."

Bevis and Butthead make an appearance. How long has it been since they were on MTV?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We did infact stop the elder Gods from breaking into our world (narrowly). Don't feel too bad, Brian left shortly after you did.
Also, it is really called Arkham Horror. I promise. ;)