Monday, June 13, 2005

I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch.

After having last week kick my ass, knock me down and attempt to steal my pocketbook, I decided to get the fuck out of Dodge for awhile and head down to Chi-town to annoy the hell out of Keidra and Raizel.

Admittedly, I also had ulterior motives for going (besides getting away from reality), and that was to meet Sid -- who is known for her International House of Beefcake. As part of the adventure, I also got to meet Shasta, Carlos and TDMM (Sid's buddy and another U2 fan). I also hit the Chicago Blues Festival and watched Buddy Guy tear shit up while I ranted about the cost of fried lobster, ate fried shrimp and drank a slurricane (which tasted vaguely like cherry Robitussin to me).

I have to say the following, everyone was really fuckin' cool. Sid's got an amazing smile and was really nice and sweet to put up with an obnoxious drunk like me. TDMM's laugh is infectious and I do think I want to meet her again so we can be U2 fangirls and watch as Keidra rolls her eyes. Carlos was just awesome (thanks again for buying us all booze!). Miss Shasta -- she's got one hell of a personality and I have to agree with Sid -- her voice could talk a starving man out of a ham sammich.

Everyone was just generous as hell and really cool to someone who they just read on the Internet. For all they knew, I could've been a mouth-breathing 40-year-old transsexual man named Geraldine. Instead, they got an obnoxious drunk that likes running through interactive fountains.

I also achieved my goal of getting my drink on at Elephant & Castle. Two 20-ounce ciders and a scotch later, I was very happy. Happy enough to enjoy the W Hotel's pretty, pretty lights. My head felt like demonic pixies were trying to mine my brain the next morning, but I don't regret it.

This was an awesome weekend. Thanks to everyone and I hope to meet ya'll again!

No comments: