Sunday, November 08, 2009

Why didn't I think of this earlier?

And by this, I mean THIS:



and THIS:



I mean, it's something that both K. and I have talked about doing for awhile. Making our own movie with puppets and random stuffed animals, but we never did. AND THEN CRAIG FERGUSON GOES AND DOES IT. AND MAKES IT LOOK WAY COOLER THAN I THINK I COULD DO WITH OUR SHITTY HOUSE LIGHTS AND MY HIGH STANDARDS OF PRODUCTION ON A SHOESTRING BUDGET.

But I have to say that I love how he does it. It's made me Tivo his TV show now to watch when I have a spare moment. His interviews are hysterical and he's just funny as hell. I like his ripping into Twilight and how the vampires in Twilight aren't sexy -- they're gay men. His interviews with fellow Scotsmen Ewan McGregor and James McAvoy are a hoot. He even makes Gerard Butler appealing to me (Now I'll have the damn Tarts gunning for me). Also, his monologue, which is a dazzling, brave and insane thing by going without a script is fun to watch. It's amazing how he can riff and not flop flat on his ass.

So I guess, my point right now is more that people should watch the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. Even though he took an idea that I know I had years beforehand. If you're reading this Craig: I am waiting for my royalties check. But a signed copy of your book and tickets to your show will suffice.

No comments: