Thursday, November 05, 2009

NaBloPoMo: Yeah....maybe I get an E for effort. Or "S" for SUCK

Wow. I have realized that it's a pathetic thing to basically have no idea what the hell to write for NaBloPoMo. We're Day 5 in the project and let's see what I have done:

1. Youtube videos of puppets and Craig Ferguson.
2. My kid wrote a blog post.
3. One vaguely beefy post about being a concert asshole.

This is admittedly pathetic. It's lazy, half-assed and well, sad. Like someone doing NaNoWriMo but using "SUCK" 50,000 times. Which I haven't done. Yet.

I don't have any good excuses. I think the problem is that all my ideas are half-formed, barely baking and barely there. A lot of time that I would normally use to cook up ideas has vanished -- lost in a vortex of sleepless nights (DAMN YOU DAYLIGHT SAVINGS BULLSHIT), trying to get Trogdora fixed up (new hard drive will arrive soon) and just half-assed laziness.

I feel like Julie Powell in the movie Julie and Julia when she says, "I HAVE THOUGHTS! I COULD WRITE A BLOG!" I have thoughts. I have ideas. But they're not firm yet. And honestly, it's hard to write something when it's not even a rough sketch in your head.

So I suppose this is an indicator of how the month will go. If you are brave and willing to stick with me, that's great. If not, I understand. I was hoping that this would help jump start my writing portion of my brain, but so far, no luck.

Grarg. Anyone have ideas on how to deal with writer's block? Besides writing about it?

No comments: