Saturday, November 29, 2008

Pretty, pretty meme!

After a rather busy and productive day of making turkey casserole, shopping for odds and ends, making stock, doing a load of laundry and other random assorted daily bits, I'm now kicking back with a pomagrantie martini and a meme!

This is a neat one, courtesy of Cleolinda. The rules are as follows:

01. Answer each of the questions below using the [Flickr] search engine. (ETA: I've changed the URL so it will automatically search "Most Interesting" for you.)
02. Choose a photo from the first three pages.
03. Copy the URL of your favorite photos [here].
04. Then share with the world.

1. First name: Vivian. I liked this photo because it's kinda funky and neat to see someone's name associated with a restaurant. And the other photos associated with my name were of scantily clad chicks or babies.

2. Favorite food: Chinese food. It's my comfort food and the thing I often wish I knew how to make more of. Sadly, there's no really, really good Chinese restaurants in Madison.

3. Hometown: Madison. It's a shot of the Capitol at night from the Monona Terrace. Lovely, lovey sight.

4. Favorite color: Red. It looks good on me and I like how powerful I feel in it.

5. Celebrity crush: Like Cleolinda, I chose a woman instead of a guy (because there's too many guys to choose from). Yes, I am an Angelina Jolie fan -- I like in interviews how bluntly honest she is, I like that she's a badass, how she handles a litter of six and her sense of humor. Not to mention, this picture makes me smile.

6. Favorite drink: All of them? Currently it's mojitos. They're just nice light and refreshing -- until you stand up and fall down because you forget that they pack a punch.

7. Dream Holiday: Going back to Guilin. The scenery is wonderful, and I really wish I had spent more time there when I was in China. Hell, I wish i spent more time in China.

8. Favorite Dessert: Chocolate. Good chocolate. I'm not interested in cheap chocolate.

9. What I Want to be When I Grow Up: A writer. Duh.

10. What I Love Most in the World: My family. I don't have a picture of them up, but a meerkat family should do the trick.

11. One Word That Describes Me: Mother. With all the fun, mess, sadness, aggravation and silliness included in the package.

12. My Blog/Livejournal Name: Viv. This was the most interesting picture of the bunch.


1. Vivian Courtney's Hollywood Restaurant, 2. would you like to join us for some dim sum? ;), 3. Capitol Fountain, 4. In Her Shoes, 5. ang & mad: vanity fair, 6. Mojito!, 7. Fisherman with cormorants at Li river, 8. I ate 6, 9. River Typewriter, No. 2, 10. The Meerkat Family Portrait, 11. Just another Saturday morning., 12. Dos (pas) sciƩs

No comments: