Monday, October 06, 2008

So, when are you having your next kid?

That was one question I was hoping to kind of get an answer to (and was asked by my cousins) when I visited my sister and her family last week.

The answer I got? Not a fucking clue. I was hoping that watching my nephew, niece and Benevolent Dictator would offer some answer, but nothing clear came from the heavens to my brain.

It was a great time however. I got some serious bonding time with my nephew, Rooster, (the way to his heart? Apparently answering all his "why?" questions and a milkshake) and Benevolent Dictator and Mad-Eye Maddie hit it off quite well. They were always happy to see each other, whereas Rooster wasn't always thrilled with the two girls because they'd get up in his business and steal his Legos.

I have now seen the future -- and the future will require arguing skills like an attorney, negotiation tactics to rival the United Nations and a bellow that rivals the Landlady's Lion's Roar from Kung Fu Hustle.

We also had some great barbecue from Dinosaur BBQ, fabulous dim sum from Cantonese House and a great fish fry from the Cartwright Inn. I had a great time seeing my cousins Alicia (and her finance Mark) and Stephanie.

Last but not least, it was great to see my sister. I do miss talking to her and hanging out. It's interesting to see how different we are at times, and on occasion, she gives me the kick in the ass that I need sometimes.

So yeah, I'm back home now and readjusting to life in Wisconsin. I'm feeling slightly more invigorated and ready to tackle October -- which is shaping up to be a busy, busy month.

1 comment:

K. said...

Hello and welcome back!