Saturday, May 10, 2008

Hey K. -- You're off the hook. For now.

Who would've thought that news about an aging boy band from the 80's would've inspired so much insanity?

That's been the big thought running through my head after NOT getting tickets to the NKOTB reunion tour today. They're to play in Chicago on Oct. 4 and I was hoping to drag K. along with me as a social experiment/lulz as we watched a bunch of fangirls my age revert to being 15 again.

But the big thing stopping me? Besides the lack of an Amex card for the presale and the willingness to shell out $175-375 for the VIP tickets (seriously, for that amount of money, the guys better fucking come to my house and change my kid's diapers)? The $75 ticket price for not even decent seats.

See, ticket prices range from $35-75. What does $75 get you? Well, according to Ticketbastard this morning, nosebleed seats. The $50 seats get you behind the stage and I think that the $35 tickets get you to view the parking lot.

Bugger all to hell. While I do want to go to the concert, $75 for FUCKING NOSEBLEED SEATS is a little rich for me. I had the best view of U2 in Milwaukee on the floor (maybe 20 feet from Adam Clayton) -- the cost? Fifty bucks -- and camping out for eight hours in the rain (which was kinda fun talking to other U2 fans).

And now the price has gotten even sillier. Ticket brokers are selling those seats in the $200 range. If I wasn't willing to do VIP, what makes you think I'm willing to pay $200-some for nosebleed seats?

So I guess this is my long-winded way of telling K. she's off the hook from me dragging her to see NKOTB so I'd have someone to snark with (as well as an excuse to come to Chi-town and rip shit up in October).

But that doesn't mean that I won't be watching the Internet and hoping that the guys will announce more tour dates. And if that does happen, K. -- you're coming with me dammit. Just be warned.

No comments: