Thursday, April 17, 2008

I got nuttin but love for ya babies!

Courtesy of Her Bad Mother, I was directed to the OTHER Mother, who had organized a Reader Appreciation Day yesterday, which I missed out unfortunately.

But I started thinking about it today (when I had a free moment and Benevolent Dictator wasn't dismantling my keyboard) and even though I'm a day late, I gotta show some love for my readers -- all 12 of you guys who regularly show up and even the random people who roll by thanks to search results like "navel gazing," "naomi campbell's mom" or "girl playing navel."

So I guess I gotta say thank you dear readers for reading and putting up with my stupid questions, my naked neurosis, random observations that make me sound like a meth-addicted retarded monkey, oddball quips, the fact that I talk about my kid WAY too much sometimes, the excessive amount of quizzes and memes, the over-abuse of Youtube and the terrible spelling, half-assed ideas and wonky grammer.

Four years ago, this baby started thanks to a desire to make some smart-assed comments about Peg Lautenschlager's DUI arrest. Since then, this blog has become my notebook for jotting down ideas, my confessional and my soapbox. I never thought that I'd get attention (and I still am amazed when I see comments in my comment box). I just wanted to have a place to write down random ideas that I thought my friends would find funny.

Since I left my day job to become Benevolent Dictator's personal assistant, this blog has become more -- it's my main outlet for writing. It doesn't pay anything, but it's fun. I can't imagine going on hiatus. I can't NOT write (not to mention, my muse will kick my ass). There may be long pauses in transmissions (especially when Benevolent Dictator is kicking my ass), but I have to have somewhere to put my stuff out for complete strangers to read (if they want).

I'm of the belief that writers are exhibitionists in a way -- not the famewhorey reality-TV type of exhibitionist, but there's a belief that what a writer has to say is somehow more important and should be read by everyone.

I've always had that belief about my writing. I also believe that no one will actually read it, but no matter what, I want to keep tossing those bottles filled with messages out into the ocean in vain hopes that someone will pick it up and read the message. So I guess, thank you dear readers for picking up my bottles, opening them up and reading the messages. And I hope that in a way, they made you smile, laugh, think or lighten your day a little bit.

2 comments:

K. said...

Thank you, for gracing the Internets with you wit and wisdom. :)

Amanda said...

I'm of the belief that writers are exhibitionists in a way -- not the famewhorey reality-TV type of exhibitionist, but there's a belief that what a writer has to say is somehow more important and should be read by everyone.

What are you doing in my head? And could you tell me where I put my yoga mat?

I love your writing. Keep "bringin' it".