Thursday, November 10, 2005

A question for all you vegetarians out there

This Thanksgiving, I've got a vegetarian coming over for the orphans' Thanksgiving (even though it's not really orphans since my Mom and Grandma will be coming over). I do want to make sure that he's got enough good stuff to eat that isn't just side dishes.

While he's OK with not having turkey, I don't want to deprive him of stuffing -- especially my cornbread, water chestnut and sage stuffing dressing. Which magically turns into some addictive substance. But obviously, with a vegetarian, you can't have the pork sausage.

Now, my question is the following: Anyone have recommendations for good vegetarian ground sausage with sage?

2 comments:

K. said...

Wh don't you get him a small Tofurky of his very own?

http://www.tofurky.com/

Lightlife's "Gimme Lean" sausage is pretty good.

QuietlyGoingMad said...

Buy some seiten---found at Whole Foods or vegee markets. I think it's a wheat product (I could be wrong), but has the texture of meat--even to me a complete carnivore. I don't know if you can buy it already seasoned, but if not I'd assume you can add some sage to it--mmm, sage. I actually had a seitan "sausage" patty at a restaurant one morning and was very surprised at how tasty it was. Never AS good as true sausage, but I'd certainly eat it again.