Saturday, September 17, 2005

Saturday morning video observations

Completely random shit I know, but humor me OK? Was feeling shitty after work on Friday (left work early after getting as much as I could done in the morning while listening to Green Day's American Idiot at mind shearing volume) and went to be at 11 p.m. last night (another rarity on a weekend), so I'm up early this morning.

I've got MTV, VH-1 and MTV2 on as I play Remote Roulette and I've got some random music video observations:

NIN's Only video is the SHIT! I think that David Fincher is one cool-ass director. You never see Trent, except through one of those office pin impression things.

Mariah Carey's Shake it Off video has more property damage than Halloween riots in Madison. She does vandalism on a park bench, major water damage because her tub's overflowing and I'm guessing a hell of a lot of cell phone minutes are racked up.

Gwen Stefani's video for Cool is just creepy. I mean, the songs about how she and her ex are now friends and she's happy that he's got a girlfriend, but the entire video is her and the dude reminiscing about how good the past was. Kinda icky really.

How is it that Missy Elliott has some of the weirdest, but interesting videos? Yeah there's dancing and shit, but there's none of the same stupid rap video cliches of naked-ass women waving their asses around, money flying and booze flowing. Lose Control just a great dance video.

1 comment:

K. said...

I thought the video for "Only" was kind of dull. But that's because the AWESOME video in my head kicked its ass.