Thursday, January 13, 2005

Random quotes of dooom!

Found this meme on Cleolinda's livejournal. It amuses me, so I'm taking the challenge up here:
1. Pick one dozen movies that are ones that you have special feelings about.
2. Pick a few lines of dialogue that mean something to you.
3. As people guess the film, strike out that entry.
4. If possible, after the film is guessed, explain why that movie made the list.

I'll post the answers up in a week or so just to give everyone a fair shot, but if you know me, it should be relatively easy.

1. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. Keidra got it as Fight Club -- one of the five best of all time movies.
2. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd. Again Keidra and it's Pulp Fiction. Probably the one movie that I first recall making me feel like I just saw something really, really wonderful.
3. They take it, they return it, they take it again......this place is becoming a warehouse!
4. I've got a degree in ass wiggling, mate. Keidra yet again with The Full Monty. Proof positive that ANY man is sexy with enough confidence.
5. What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he? Keidra once more with LOTR: FOTR. Great line. Pippen's innocence with the comment is wonderful.
6. Ride now... Ride now... Ride. Ride for ruin and the world's ending. Keidra with LOTR: ROTK (come on people!). Theoden's speech is spine-tingling. Bernard Hill nailed that speech to the wall.
7. Anything I wanted was a phone call away. Free cars. The keys to a dozen hideout flats all over the city. I bet twenty, thirty grand over a weekend and then I'd either blow the winnings in a week or go to the sharks to pay back the bookies.
Didn't matter. It didn't mean anything. When I was broke, I'd go out and rob some more. We ran everything. We paid off cops. We paid off lawyers. We paid off judges. Everybody had their hands out. Everything was for the taking. And now it's all over.
That's the hardest part. Today everything is different. There's no action. I have to wait around like everyone else. Can't even get decent food. Right after I got here I ordered some spaghetti with marinara sauce and I got egg noodles and ketchup. I'm an average nobody. I get to live the rest of my life like a schnook (Sorry it's long -- It's just such an awesome speech).
8. Leeloo Dallas mul-ti-pass. Amanda claims one quote from the Fifth Element! A fun line to say with friends over and over again.
9. You're a brave man. Go and break through the lines. And remember, while you're out there risking you're life and limb through shot and shell, we'll be in be in here thinking what a sucker you are.
10. Lap. Dance.
11. Welcome the rich man, he's hard for you to miss. His butt keeps getting bigger, so there's plenty there to kiss!
12. You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons. Keidra again with Blazing Saddles. My first Mel Brooks movie and it's still funny as hell. That line sums up a lot about people in general.

3 comments:

K. said...

Ok, Let's see...

1.) Fight Club
2.) Pulp Fiction
4.) The Full Monty (?)
5.) LOTR:Fellowhip of the Ring
5.) LOTR: Return of the King
12.) Army of Darkness

I'm sure there are a few obvious ones I'm too stupid to identify.

K. said...

No wait! 12) is Blazing Saddles! Oooh I'm stupid!

Amanda said...

# 9 is "The Fifth Element". I remember it because it was one of the few things that was (intentionally) funny in that movie.