Friday, November 26, 2004

Stuff I'm thankful for -- minus the mush

Last night I was about to post the top five list of things I'm thankful for, but nearly died of sugar overdose. I mean, we all know the usual stuff to be thankful for: friends, family, loved ones, roofs over our head, not being dead, etc., etc., etc. Frankly, while that's all sweet and good, it's not very much fun to read.

Instead, I've got a completely random list of superficial shit that I'm thankful for. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for the serious stuff, but we've all heard it before and frankly, aren't we all glad for little superficial things?

So here's my list of completely superficial things I'm thankful for: The Celebrity Endowments thread on Fametracker; City of Heroes; Calling all Pets; U2; morning, afternoon and evening delights; Return of the King's Extended Edition (now with actual Faramir and Eowyn mackage); David Wenham;being a pervy hobbit fancier; good chocolates; an excellent bottle of wine or a ice-cold vodka; Television Without Pity; web comics; cornbread stuffing with sausage and water chesnuts; Sims 2; Eva's dry wit -- which makes the Sahara look like a rain forest; Keidra's open lust for British actors; Stella's ability to show affection by yelling at you; Mom's embarrassment when I say the wrong (or right thing) at the wrong time; Grandma's ability to kick my ass; Cowboy Bebop; Sealab 2021; Aqua Teen Hunger Force; Hello Kitty; a good Thai meal; great sushi; Chicago's Brew and View; Raizel's superpower of chasing grown-ass men around an apartment looking for hugs; James Bond; Alan's geek power; Jeff's agitator dance; monkeys; robots; ninjas; pirates; Monty Python; Katie's elegance; Michael's jublie jublies; Brian's bartending skillz; Kat's style; being an unwanted older sister to Enich; a coffee with a shot of espresso at the right moment; writing a good sentence; earphones at work to ignore others; St. Petersburg Times' reporter Kelley Benham; Tivo; Roomba; sleeping until noon; having a four-day weekend; long showers on the weekend; reading in a big, comfy chair until I pass out; Christy's sanity in our insane house; and a good game with friends where I roll a lot of natural 20s.

There. No muss, no fuss. And if you know me well enough, you know I'm also very thankful for the heavier, more serious things. Bah. Enough sentimentality -- that'll be shoved down our throats these next few weeks.

No comments: