Thursday, November 04, 2004

Some bright news in these dark days

According to the buzz in Washington D.C., there's going to be a bunch of people leaving as Bush takes his second term -- Colin Powell, our own Tommy Thompson and maybe John Ashcroft. My happy dance is tempered slightly though as I realize that he's a potential nominee for William Rehnquist's position. I doubt it would occur because Democrats and maybe some moderate Republicans would go "WTF?", but it still makes me shudder slightly.

The other bright news is completely unrelated to politics (thankfully) -- U2's new album drops Nov. 23. They tour next year. I'm happy about that.

I'm also happy that I've got two pounds of confectioner's chocolate that I'm going to play with this weekend. I'm already lining up oddball items to dip into it -- pretzels, nuts, small monkeys, etc.

I'll take whatever happiness I can find right now. That, or a puppy.

No comments: