Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Good times

Other than having to go to work and having a coworker sing at me -- not to me -- it was a cool birthday. For the first time in awhile, something cool happened. Normally my birthday is about me and an aging crisis -- another year closer to being "old" (whatever that is) and realizing that as you get older, your birthdays aren't necessarily the trips to Chuck E. Cheese's of yore.

But it was a good time. Dinner with friends and karaoking. Everyone sang a song, which was cool. It was a good time. Maybe I'm a sentimental fool, or it could be that our schedules make it harder to see each other, but good friends make life a hell of a lot easier and they're a lot more fun to be around than a great deal of folks I can name.

Material goods wise, not really presents. But I noticed the older I get, the less stuff I need or want. If I want something, I'll just go out and buy it myself. But this time -- I did get something really awesome from Jeff (besides his rendition of Sweet Home Alabama) -- an iPod! It rules. Even the box is cute. I was caressing it and said, "I love you."

Jeff said, "I love you too. And I'll pretend that you're talking to me."

My friends rock. My husband rocks. I rock. Go me!

1 comment:

K. said...

Yay! I'm glad you had a such great birthday! (We'll have to re-celebrate your birthday the next time I see you -- and I have a present for ya, BTW) Congratulations on your new ipod! Have you named it?

The new template looks good! I was thinking about switching over to Blogger's comments program myself, but I have a problem with the fact that Blogger users need to log in before commenting. A bit too much like LJ for my tastes.