Saturday, May 08, 2004

City of Heroes RAWKS!

The couple that games together stays together. Jeff picked up City of Heroes for the two of us and I have to say that I'm already enjoying this game much more than Everquest.

Character creation is absolutely awesome. You can spend literally hours creating your vision of a character, toying around with concepts and other fun stuff like that. Unlike EQ, where it's not impossible to run into your doppelganger at least once a day, I have yet to run into my twin. Jeff has yet to run into his twin too. It also appeals to my girly nature because I can create cool looking outfits instead of using a pre-perscribed look. My only complaint is that you can't have "huge" female -- I mean, a large, muscular woman would be a cool superhero -- think Valkyre or Angry Nun prototype.

You can solo! The one thing I hated about EQ is that the higher level you are, you must have a group, If you play as infrequently as I did -- say a few hours each week -- and didn't have a guild, you were boned. Sitting around for 30 minutes screaming, "Level 51 Rogue LFG, PST." isn't fun if you can only play for a few hours a week. Subsequently, I gave up on that game and wandered back to TV land.

I honestly don't know if I'll stick with it for the long term or not -- but we'll see. I really enjoy it right now and if the honeymoon phase can last -- I'll really enjoy it.

No comments: