Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Welcome to the world Rooster!

Yesterday when I was IMing my sister, she said that Rooster (aka my nephew) hadn't come out yet. I wrote the following to tell her to tell him:

Elliott -- this is your auntie. If you don't come out, I can't buy you that drum kit that I promised you.

Apparently it worked because she went into labor and at approximately 8:30 p.m. on Aug. 1, Elliott "Rooster" came into the world. I'm thrilled to bits. The family's doing good. And so, to commemorate the Rooster's hatching, here's a list of noteworthy events that occurred that day:

World War I erupts in 1914 (hrrm...that's not a good way to start this out);
Columbus lands in South America in 1498 (not that great either....)

Hrrm....none of these are working. Let me just say that the auspicious event on Aug. 1 is the birth of my nephew. I'm gobsmacked. And now I have a ton of Walter the Farting Dog books to buy him -- as well as a drum kit.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on becoming an auntie exactly two months after me!

K. said...

Congrats to you! Auntie Viv!!!!!!

K. said...

And welcome, lil' Rooster!

*hums Alice in Chains song*

Sid said...

Gahhh! I missed it!

Congrats on being an auntie, and welcome to your nephew! Did he have fun baby tufts of fluffy hair?

Viv said...

Yes he does. He looks very Chinese and is very, very cute. I can't wait to spoil him.