Tuesday, July 26, 2005

M is for MATURE -- that means ADULTS you idiots!

Every now and then something comes along to remind me why I hate both the Democrats and the Republicans. This times, it's news that Hillary Clinton's got her panties in a bunch over GTA: San Andreas' Hot Coffee mod. Folks, I'd like to point out something right now:

THE GAME IS CALLED GRAND THEFT AUTO! What the hell are you doing buying this game for children when there's a felony in the fuckin' title? This is a game for adults. I enjoy playing this game (cheat modes + sniper rifles + a chopper + a high building = good times). It's loaded with sex, jokes, foul language, felonies, murder and other nasty, awful stuff.

This is obviously not a game for children. It has a MATURE rating (17 and older) So why are people getting their knickers up in a bunch because of adult content? I think it's because people still see video games as children's toys. They fail to realize that the average age of a video game player is 30. An adult can handle this stuff and probably would want to play this kind of stuff.

I think what pisses me off the most is the whole, "we gotta protect the chilluns" argument. We're dumbing down a form of media to take care of the most susceptiable people. Frankly, that's a parent's job. Any parent that says, "Well we didn't know Grand Theft Auto was going to be so violent," deserves to have their parenting license revoked.

I'm starting to wonder if Hillary also put the game in her line of sights because Bill was playing computer games a bit too much.

3 comments:

K. said...

I dunno if you've seen the the "Hott Coffee" Mod, but I have, and its so... I dunno ... tame. The way people were going on about it, I expected my sensibilities to be shocked. It's looks like that puppet sex scene in "Team America"

Anonymous said...

I am not even suprised by this kind of thing anymore. I have just resigned myself to the fact that people are idiots.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I couldn't believe no one else got the U2 reference. It is one of the more mainstream references that I make.

Sid said...

yeah, suing other people for things that are your responsibility seems to have become part of our culture.