Wednesday, May 18, 2005

It's my Birfday (for real yo!)

It was a quiet birthday with Mom and Grandma coming up and us hitting La Paella for dinner. Rather pricey, but frankly, we got two or three meals out of the Paella for two. The food is excellent and I'm forcing Jeff to go there with me for Tapas and drinky drinks in the future. Service is also excellent and it's fun to sample a bunch of different wines with the owner.

My mom is awesome. After a couple of sips of wine, she was like, "I'M DRUNK!" But that's normal for her really -- she makes that proclamation after two sips of Coors before noon.

She picked up the tab for the meal. In the past, we'd get into fistfights over who got to pick up the check (since none of us mastered the patented Check-Ninja-Fu that Jeff's family possesses), but since visiting my sister in March, we've implemented a honor check system. Someone can call it, but only as we're going to dinner. It took a little while for my mom to master that.

Mom: I call the entire day tomorrow!

Sis: You can't do that!

Me: Yeah! You can't call a whole day! And I have dinner tonight!

Mom: Come on! I want to pay for SOMETHING! I call breakfast!

Me: Can't. You have to call it when we're heading to the place.

Mom: THAT'S NOT FAIR!

All in all it was great fun. I love my mommy.

No comments: