Sunday, May 08, 2005

It was a good weekend

In addition to seeing U2 and squeeing my heart out like a good and proper fangirl. I also spent the weekend with Keidra and Raizel after not seeing them for six months. I always love going to Chicago and hanging with those two.

Friday night was dinner, with the longest wait known to mankind. I started to believe I was in Spain when we finished up with dinner after 10:30 p.m. We arrived for dinner at 8-ish, for the record. It was good Italian, but damn, that wait was long.

Keidra and I then hit the uber-trendy Wicker Park, which is where the hot and hip hang out. As for my sick fascination with watching some guy hurl glass bottles out of a second story window, I can't really defend myself. I just wanted to see what would happen next and Keidra kept saying that it may escalate to the point that someone gets shot. I don't think it did, but it was weird to watch. I've never seen drunk behavior like that before -- random violence towards a random person -- and I was curious to see what would happen next.

I also got lucky this time around at a store called Vive La Femme on Saturday and found a perfect dress for a wedding in August. It's purple, short and has a lot of attitude. The people at Vive La Femme were also way cool and helped me find a pair of jeans that look good on me and make my curves look good as well as a shirt that I will wear into the ground. They were mulling over Madison after we were done talking to them. I hope to high heaven they move here. It'd be awesome.

Many thanks to Keidra and Raizel for being excellent hostesses. They're always fun to be around and this was a week were I was floating on bliss -- not just from the concert, but also for finding some kick-ass clothes that made me enjoy shopping for once and spending time with good friends.

No comments: