Thursday, August 28, 2008

In which Viv DOES NOT talk about NKOTB for once

Instead, I'll be talking about U2. Yes, I can hear you guys groaning out there:

"Cripes. She switched from one boy band to another...."

Anyways, this is about the recent news that the Irish boys had their latest album leak online thanks to (yep, you guess it) Bono.

Four new tracks by the Dublin band were apparently recorded by a Dutch fan on a mobile phone after he heard the music blaring out of the singer's beachside home in the village of Eze-sur-Mere, near Nice.
Sadly, I didn't move fast enough to Youtube to hear the four tracks. I wish I had a good excuse. I think that part of me was just thinking, "Wait. This is U2. They're known for being on the verge of releasing an album only to have the whole thing changed at last minute and postponed a year."

Well, that and the whole NKOTB thing (SHUT. UP.)

I had a great image Edge, Larry and Adam just GLARING at Bono (who got busted for blasting the song mid air-guitar) and saying, "Nice. Thanks. And you're the bloody wanker who said we should go to Morocco."

Now, some have questioned whether or not the leak was intentional. After all, the last album went missing after a photoshoot, Achtung Baby's studio sessions were leaked online and other such things have happened. I can see that happening, but I wouldn't be surprised if Bono just didn't think, and to impress people, blasted his uber-expensive, diamond-crusted stereo with the new tracks.

This is the same guy who according to the book, U2 at the End of the World, loses sunglasses, hats, keys and other random, everyday objects with regularity. I wouldn't be surprised if he just didn't think and impulse took over.

Even though the temptation is strong to hunt down these songs, I might wait a little bit. November is around the corner, and I want to savor the new CD.

HOWEVER -- if someone happened to have a bead on the new tracks and I happened to get that information, I wouldn't reject it. After all, I need something to wash the dirty feeling away from me going all fangirl on NKOTB.

No comments: