Monday, June 16, 2008

Just because I'm a parent doesn't mean I'm mature.

Today was a productive day at Casa Navel Gazer. As part of my desire to help my alma mater and get out of the house before I go mad, Benevolent Dictator and I headed to the Infant Learning Lab to participate in one of their many studies.

We've done this once before -- basically BD gets to watch Baby Einstein and listen to funky gibberish/music, while I listen to elevator music and keep her sitting on my lap. In other words, I'm the couch, she's the lab rat.

Anyways, we walked into the lab and the graduate student who was doing the study took one look at us -- BD dressed very preppy adorable in a polo collared, polka-dot dress embroidered with bumblebees and flowers (trust me, it's more adorable than the description) and me dressed in khaki pants and a black t-shirt.

"I like your shirt," she said to me. Then I suddenly realized what I had on:



Do you think this is why the neighbors are kinda weirded out by me?

1 comment:

Heather said...

Your neighbors are only kinda weirded out? Well then, my dear, you are falling down on the job.

OT, my mom found my NKOTB beach towel. I may make it into the terry cloth mini-dress from hell, or else just wear it as a cape. :)