Sunday, August 27, 2006

Blarg.

Ever have those days where you want to write, but can't? Where you know you want to have the words come out, but they won't? It's like lingual constipation, and it's irritating.

I mean, stuff happened this weekend -- I went to the Bristol Renaissance Faire with Jeff, Em and Mike and had fun, but I don't really feel like talking about it or the people who were dressed like gothy rejects or the three teenage girls all agog over some act called Molotov, who was basically doing a rip-off of an Amazing Jonathan act. Hell, I don't even feel like talking about how deep fried macaroni and cheese is one of the best ideas in the world.

What's bugging me is a longer story that I've been working on for a few months now. I feel stuck and worn out on some of the stuff. The story hinges on certain things occurring, and I can't see it occurring in reality. I mean, why the hell would my characters do the stupid shit I need them to do to propel the story?

I guess, for a little emotional perspective, let me pose this question to ya'll: What was your favorite mistake -- the mistake that you knew was a bad idea, was going to end badly, but you couldn't stop doing? Why did you keep doing that shit, despite all logic in your head?

2 comments:

divine m said...

A beautiful, Irish bad boy who cheated on me, practically right in front of me. But did I kick him to the curb? Hells no. Why? Because I was 20 and the lovin' was too good. Logic? What's that in the face of good lovin'? Of course, now I define "good lovin" with a different emphasis on "good."

Get inside those characters heads via their pasts.

That was probably totally useless to you. Sorry.

And I still haven't fucking found Bono. I'll probably spontaneously combust as soon as I do, so it's good I haven't. It's fun traipsing around the globe looking for him, though.

QuietlyGoingMad said...

His name is Michael...the mistake was not ending the relationship much sooner than we did (or he did as it may be). If I would've things probably would be much easier financially, emotionally, mentally...but, because the relationship took the course it did, I received the kick in the ass I needed to start making some greatly needed changes in my life.

It's been bumpy since then and I've come to the realization that I've slid back into old, bad, habits, but I'm happy that I can realize that because prior to that relationship, I just accepted that things sucked instead of realizing that I have the capacity to change myself--for myself.