Sunday, July 16, 2006

T-minus five days and counting....

Until one of my non-paying projects becomes a reality. After two years of brainstorming, writing and just general goofing off, we're about to launch our live-action roleplaying game next weekend.

Friends are coming to transform our house into something completely else (I can't go into too much details because of the possible spoilers), I've got a costume to assemble and time to figure out what the hell I'm doing.

I'm not an actor. I hate acting. I'm wooden. I make William Shatner look like a great thespian. I'm a crew member. I've always been doing crew for theater -- in high school and college I was know for dressing in black, lurking backstage taking care of props and costumes. Fortunately I don't have to do it for long.

It's just weird as hell to realize that this idea is becoming a reality. It's nerve wracking to say the least -- I mean this isn't journal writings for myself -- this is a product that we're presenting to the world. And some of it is to complete strangers, who probably won't be afraid to rip us a new one for a bad puzzle or shit characters.

My comforting thought is that it's our first game so we've got the excuse of being amateurs. My other thought is "Fuck it. Nothing we can do now, let's let the bitch rip."

I just hope I don't puke from nervousness.

No comments: