Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Question for all ya'll

I'm looking to get a new messenger bag for Gen Con in August (as well as other weekend getaways) and I need some advice. I'm thinking about getting this bag.

But if you have other recommendations, that would be great. I need a bag that can do the following:

1. Has to be able to carry clothes, cell phone, wallet, iPod and other random crap for weekend trips. For Gen Con, I need a bag that can hold a lot of gaming books (which aren't that big alone, but they add up in size and weight), as well as dice, mixed nuts, a decent sized bottle of water and other odds and ends.

2. Has to have a comfortable shoulder strap that's easy to adjust.

3. Not so bulky that it becomes a duffel bag instead of a messenger bag.

4. It doesn't have to be cute, because I'll probably add patches and other girly stuff to make it my own.

Any help is appreciated!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ask Brian. He did a lot of research on messenger bags last year before Christmas. Of course he was searching for a professional-looking leather bag, which doesn't seem to be what you need.

Kathleen

Eva said...

Viv,

It sounds like you want a backpack not a messenger bag. That's an awful lot of stuff to jam in a messenger bag. And the one strap on a messenger bag gets painful if you put more than a small amount of crap in it.

(If you decide you want a backpack I would strongly suggest L.L.Bean's backpacks.)

Eva