Sunday, April 23, 2006

I call shenanigans!

Stole this bad boy from Heather's livejournal. There's no scoring, so I don't know if there's a way to tell if you're spoiled or not.


I think it's for a teenager/early 20s person. Not for me, who owns my own house (well, the bank owns it and is kindly letting us live here), has my own job and has the money to spend however I please.

Either that or it's a way to make us think about everything we have and how we feel about it. I'd say you're spoiled if you expect to get your way or if you look at the list and say "Of course. Who wouldn't have this stuff?" You're not spoiled if you have these things and to be thankful for them. I consider myself a lucky girl. I have no idea how I got lucky, but I'll enjoy the moment for now.


Do you have:
(1) your own cell phone
( ) a television in your bedroom
(2) an iPod
( ) a photo printer
(3) your own phone line (I have my own house dammit! I should have my own phone line!)
(4) TiVo or a generic digital video recorder
(5) high-speed internet access (i.e., not dialup)
( ) a surround sound system in bedroom
( ) DVD player in bedroom
( ) at least a hundred DVDs
(6) a childfree bathroom
(7) your own in-house office
( ) a pool
( ) a guest house
( ) a game room
(8) a queen-size bed or larger
( ) a stocked bar
(9) a working dishwasher
(10) an icemaker
(11) a working washer and dryer
( ) more than 20 pairs of shoes
( ) at least ten things from a designer store
( ) expensive sunglasses
(12) framed original art (not lithographs, prints, or your own) (It's a picture made by my sister, so it's not like OMG!PICASSO!)
( ) Egyptian cotton sheets or towels
( ) a gym membership
( ) large exercise equipment at home
( ) your own set of golf clubs
( ) a pool table
( ) a tennis court
(13) local access to a lake, large pond, or the sea (I live in fuckin' Madison for pete's sake!)
( ) your own pair of skis
( ) enough camping gear for a weekend trip in an isolated area
( ) a boat
( ) a jet ski
( ) a neighborhood committee membership
( ) a beach house or a vacation house/cabin
( ) wealthy family members
( ) two or more family cars (Jeff and I have a car.)
( ) a walk-in closet or pantry
(14) a yard
( ) a hammock
( ) a personal trainer
(15) good credit
(16) expensive jewelry (does my wedding ring count?)
( ) a designer bag that required being on a waiting list to get
( ) at least $100 cash in your possession right now
( ) more than two credit cards bearing your name (not counting gas cards or debit cards)
( ) a stock portfolio
(17) a passport
( ) a horse
( ) a trust fund (either for you or created by you)
(18) private medical insurance (HMO count?)
( ) a college degree, and no outstanding student loans

Do you:
( ) shop for non-needed items for yourself (like clothes, jewelry, electronics) at least once a week
( ) do your regular grocery shopping at high-end or specialty stores
( ) pay someone else to clean your house, do dishes, or launder your clothes
(19) go on weekend mini-vacations
( ) send dinners back with every flaw
( ) wear perfume or cologne (not body spray)
( ) regularly get your hair styled or nails done in a salon
( ) have a job but don't need the money OR
( ) stay at home with little financial sacrifice
(20 ) pay someone else to cook your meals (Does Glass Nickel and other takeout count?)
( ) pay someone else to watch your children or walk your dogs
( ) regularly pay someone else to drive your taxis
( ) expect a gift after you fight with your partner

Are you:
( ) an only child
( ) married/partnered to a wealthy person
( ) baffled/surprised when you don't get your way

Have you:
(21 ) been on a cruise
(22) traveled out of the country
( ) met a celebrity
(23) been to the Caribbean
( ) been to Europe
( ) been to Hawaii
(24 ) been to New York
( ) eaten at the space needle in Seattle
(25) been to the Mall of America (Who the hell in the Midwest hasn't?)
( ) been on the Eiffel tower in Paris
( ) been on the Statue of Liberty in New York
( ) moved more than three times because you wanted to
( ) dined with local political figures
(26) been to both the Atlantic coast and the Pacific coast

Did you:
( ) go to another country for your honeymoon
(27 ) hire a professional photographer for your wedding or party
(28) take riding or swimming lessons as a child (Does Park and Rec count?)
( ) attend private school
( ) have a Sweet 16 birthday party thrown for you

1 comment:

divine m said...

Okay, I read one of those as "been eaten at the space needle in Seattle."

I agree with you (and Bono): you're only spoiled if you don't appreciate what you've got. Whatever it is.

'Course I am an only child who lives in a lake house. . . .