Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Why all you can drink is a bad idea

Milwaukee's art museum -- which has some gorgeous architecture by the way -- went to the weird nouveau riche/frat row way on Feb. 11 when it opened its doors to Clear Channel's Martinifest. For $30 people could drink as many martinis they wanted in the classy atmosphere of the museum's Santiago Calatrava addition.

From the article:

"It was crazy," said attendee Kathleen Christians, 39. "People were shoving people over. People were getting sick, screaming, shouting, messing with the artwork."

A group of four young men climbed onto "Standing Woman," a tall, bronze sculpture of a goddess-like woman with exaggerated features by early 20th-century American artist Gaston Lachaise.

"They were standing on it, grabbing the boobs, and somebody was just taking pictures with a cell phone," said Laura Collins, 35.


Now, I enjoy getting my drink on. Friends have seen me drunk and stupid. I believe when I first met Sid and Carlos we got our drink on and I got drunk and stupid with them and Keidra.

HOWEVER that doesn't mean that I'm going to go to an art museum and get drunk and stupid. You don't do the boozin', brawlin' and whorin' at an ART MUSEUM. There's just something so not right about that. I think it's because when you're at a museum you should have a little bit of class. That little bit of class means you don't get drunk, puke on exhibits or feel up sculptures.

Lord. I never thought I'd be one telling people to have some fuckin' manners. That's a sign that the world's gone straight to hell.

No comments: