Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Five A shitload of reasons why I hate this time of year

1. I hate how it gets dark at 3 p.m. and the fact that the sun doesn't come up until 10 a.m.
2. I hate how cloudy it always is so even when the sun's out, you never see it.
3. I hate how Christmas shopping season now starts after Halloween.
4. I hate how all I want is comfort food like mac-and-cheese, mashed potatoes and other things that don't really fill me up, but taste soooo good right now.
5. I hate driving in slushy weather -- no one really knows how to drive in this weather and start driving at 25 mph on the fuckin' freeway.
6. I hate how cold it is in the morning.
7. I hate coming out of a hot shower into a cold bathroom.
8. I hate that my nipples get hard enough to cut glass because of the cold wind.
9. I hate how all I want to do is sleep because it's dark all the time.
10. I hate that winter coats look stupid. For effective warmth, you need to look like a deranged snowman in a big, puffy down coat.
11. I hate that you can't do al fresco dining now.
12. I hate that it's too cold to even snow.

If I could hibernate, I would. Wake me up when April shows up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am totally with you, Viv.

-Kathleen