Thursday, November 11, 2004

How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb goes off early

Thanks to a bunch of thieves in France, pirated copies of U2's new, How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, have been hitting the Internet.

I'm trying to be a good girl and not download it (along with a bunch of nasty spyware and other shit). I can wait. Thankfully, WXRT in Chicago played the entire CD all day today -- so I managed to get a listen to most of the tracks.

It's good U2. Nothing too groundbreaking really (but it's hard for me to really say given that I've only listened to it once). Love and Peace or Else is a nice, dirty little rock song that kept me happy for a bit while I surfed the net. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own is destined to be that anthemic song that's used by everyone for different reason (I do love the line, "I've got cracks, but I'm not broken" -- sums up a lot about me). One Step Closer is another song that I have a feeling I'll like -- left me in a puddle of spiritual goo with the chorus.

The rest of it kinda went as a blur to me. Lots of sonic guitar work from the Edge that hearkened back to the early days. Frankly, I would've loved some more bass from Adam, but I don't think that this album will have it all.

But in all honesty, I might not be a good judge of it right now (having listened to the CD once -- off an Internet broadcast). I'm willing to wait -- and frankly, this broadcast was a teasing taste for when the album actually drops on Nov. 23.

No comments: